Position Reports to: Deputy Director, Social Services & Family Engagement
Job Title(s) Reporting to This Position: n/a
Start Date: Immediate
Founded in 1958, East Harlem Tutorial Program (EHTP) prepares students with the academic skills, strength of character and emotional well-being to excel in high school and college, to lead in their communities and to realize their best possible selves. As a vital education center in East Harlem, EHTP operates out-of-school time programming that provides academic enrichment, college-ready resources and social-emotional support for students in grades K-12. For more information about our mission, model, and our programs please visit our website at http://www.ehtp.org.
The Manager, Social Work is responsible for delivering a wide range of clinical services and interventions to EHTP participants/families in a developmentally, socially and culturally appropriate manner.
Responsibilities of the Bilingual Manager, Social Work include, but are not limited to:
- Provide one-on-one, small group, and family counseling sessions
- Plan and lead weekly psycho-educational groups for Middle School students
- Conduct family workshops and support groups
- Complete bio-psycho-social assessments and preliminary intakes with students and guardians
- Use evidenced-based practices to effectively develop short-term treatment and intervention plans
- Make referrals to appropriate agencies and community resources and provide case management services, as needed
- Participate in bi monthly case conferences and monthly collaboration meetings with Social Work staff across the organization
- Engage in weekly, clinical supervision and accrue hours that will count towards an LCSW.
Skills and Characteristics
- FLUENT SPANISH SPEAKER
- LMSW certification
- Strong clinical skills and experience providing crisis intervention and short-term treatment to children and their families
- Commitment to working from a strengths-based perspective
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Belief in the East Harlem Tutorial Program’s mission, education model and core values
Educational Background and Work Experience:
- LMSW certification
- Experience providing counseling to children and/or families in urban communities
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, East Harlem Tutorial Program offers a comprehensive benefits package.